Taking Excel courses with certification is an important decision in the professional training of every person. Mastery of Microsoft Excel has become an essential requirement to apply for any job, even if it is not explicitly requested. While, for a company, It is also essential to have qualified personnel. This is how your skills will be corroborated by a third party, such as a training agent or an educational institution.
And we know that Excel is a powerful tool which works for almost everything. From data management to analysis and reporting. For all this, Excel offers a wide range of functions that improve the efficiency and productivity of any task.
If you need to know how to access and understand what the certification in Excel courses is about and obtain professional recognition, you came to the right place. In this article, we will explain: What an Excel course is, why it is important to do it, why certification in this tool is valuable and how you can obtain it.
What is an Excel course?
Excel courses are a structured and guided way to learn and improve skills in Excel. Courses are generally designed to teach the basics and advanced concepts of Excel, as well as useful techniques and tricks to get the most out of its features.
Excel courses can have different modalities, namely:
- Excel in-person courses: It is a modality where there is an instructor or teacher who directs the class. It is 100% synchronous, since people or students must be in the same place at the same time. A classroom or auditorium is used depending on the number of attendees.
- Excel online courses: It is the modality where all learning occurs in an online environment. Specifically, the learning environment or platform being used.
Is available in synchronous mode, to emulate what happens in a classroom, but through Zoom, Teams or other platforms. Meanwhile, it is asynchronous when the entire Excel online course is included in the same platform. It does not matter when or where the user accesses it, as is the case with Ninja Excel.
Also these courses are available at a number of levels, such as:
During the courses, users learn the main fundamentals of Excel. Some of them are learning calculations and formulas, data analysis, creating graphs and pivot tables. Additionally, advanced courses may cover topics such as data analysis with advanced functions, database management, programming in VBA (Visual Basic for Applications) and more.
Why is it important to take Excel courses with certification?
Taking Excel courses with certification has numerous benefits for your professional development. Among them are:
- Acquire skills to work with data and automate repetitive tasks.
- Perform complex analyzes and present information clearly and effectively.
- Use specific functions to search and present information.
- It is necessary in any type of activity that requires data.
- You will be able to make decisions based on data.
- Knowing VBA or Solver gives extra opportunities to enter a job.
- By taking a course, you will obtain a certification valid for the job that a person applies for.
- By taking an Excel course, companies will know the level of knowledge that collaborators have in Excel.
Why is it important to be certified in Excel?
Certification in Excel is a badge that validates your skills and knowledge in the use of this tool. By obtaining a certification from Excel courses, the person can:
- Demonstrate to whoever requests it (be it a company or interested person) that you are competent in the use of Excel and that you can handle spreadsheet-related tasks efficiently.
- Be useful in areas such as accounting, finance, project management and data analysis, where Excel is widely used.
- Increase your employment and promotion opportunities.
- Obtain greater recognition and confidence in the work environment.
- Show a commitment to continuously improving your skills and mastering the tools relevant to a specific field, in this case, data.
What skills do you acquire by taking Excel courses with certification?
By completing Excel courses with certification, you will gain a number of key skills and knowledge. Some of the skills are:
- Mastery of basic functions: You will learn to use basic Excel functions, such as SUM, AVERAGE, COUNT, MIN, MAX, among others.
- Data management and manipulation: You will learn to organize and manage data sets, including inserting and deleting rows and columns. Also in the ordering and filtering of data, and the application of formats to improve the readability and visual appearance of the data.
- Creating advanced formulas and calculations: You will be able to use mathematical operators, conditional functions (IF), Functions of searching and referencing (VLOOKUP). In addition to statistical functions to perform analysis and extract meaningful information from the data.
- Creating and formatting graphics: You will be able to select the appropriate chart type for your data, customize its appearance, and add elements such as titles, labels, and legends.
- Automation of tasks with macros: You can record and edit macros to perform sequential actions automatically, which will help you save time and reduce errors.
- Advanced data analysis: You will be able to use tools such as data tables, scenario analysis. In addition to Solver and simulation tools to perform analysis of “what would happen if” and make data-driven decisions.
7 Jobs where it is important to have certification through Excel courses
Some jobs to highlight where it is important to have an Excel certification are:
- Accounting and Finance: Accounting professionals, financial analysts, and auditors use Excel for financial reporting, budget management, and financial modeling.
- Project management: They use Excel to track the budget, plan and schedule tasks, assign resources, generate reports, and perform risk analysis.
- Human Resources: They use Excel to perform data analysis on workers, attendance control, extra hours, Management of payroll, vacation tracking, among others.
- Marketing and sales: It is useful for competitor analysis, tracking sales metrics, creating marketing performance reports, customer segmentation, among others.
- Logistics and supply chain: Logistics and supply chain professionals use Excel for inventories. Also for route planning, order management and opportunities for improvement.
- Market research and analysis: Excel is used to organize and analyze survey data, statistical analysis, forecast models, and generate research reports.
- Education and formation: Excel is ideal for teaching mathematics, performing complex calculations, creating interactive worksheets, and evaluating student performance.
How to get a certification in Excel?
QTo obtain a certificate in Excel, you must complete an Excel course. In this way, it will guarantee a certification of approval once each of the levels is completed.
There are courses that are free, but they are also paid. There are also courses created exclusively to access a particular certification. An example of this is the MO-200 MOS Excel 2019/365 Exam, where the person pays for a certification made by Microsoft.
At Ninja Excel we have Excel courses for companies and your tworkers at basic, intermediate and advanced levels. All of these courses, once approved, have a guaranteed certification to be shared on social networks such as Linkedin and is valid in job applications.